- Shop All
- Mineral ID
- Gem ID
- Specific Gravity
- UV Lamps
- Diamond Testers
- Gold Testers
- Geiger Counters
The SDS II uses advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability. It is a portable desktop diamond verification instrument suitable for both loose and mounted stones, including melees as small as 0.02ct. Easy to use and battery-operated, its indicator light bars give a blue light to indicate that the stone is a Type la diamond and a red light to indicate a Type IIa diamond. The device gives clear and accurate results within two seconds.
Helps to screen out Type IIa colorless diamond, which is likely to be laboratory-grown and created through chemical vapor deposition (CVD) or high pressure high temperature (HPHT) syntheses, from the natural Type Ia colorless diamond.
Enhanced with additional features, the Synthetic Diamond Screener II now tests for diamond melees as small as 0.02 carats with instantaneous results, through the measurement of UV absorption.
• Advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability
• 2 colour coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give a low or high reading of UV light absorption with blue light indicating Type Ia Diamond and red light indicating Type IIa Diamond
• Instantaneous clear results within 2 seconds
• Blue light to illuminate the testing pad
• A 5mm metal bar to conveniently raise the test probe for successive testing on loose stones
• Test button will blink in red to alert if the device is unable to detect any stones on the photo-detector
• Auto shutdown of interior LED light source for safe testing when lid of device is open or when Start Test button is not activated
• Battery-operated by 4 AAA alkaline batteries
• USB port for alternative power source and connectivity
• Exterior base foam padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces
• Low battery indicator
• Energy-saving auto power-off of device after 10 minutes without operation
• Lightweight and portable
*As recommended by Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the term “Laboratory-grown diamonds” refers to synthetic diamonds
• Help to screen out Type IIa diamonds which are likely to be laboratory-grown diamonds
• Tests on diamonds within a range in dimension from 1.5 mm in width and up to 5 mm in height (approx. 0.02 to 10ct size)
• Tests on polished diamonds of popular cuts such as brilliant round cut, emerald cut, baguette cut, etc
• Can be used on both loose and mounted diamonds (on jewelry with open-back setting)
• For use on colorless diamonds from D Color down to J Color
Presidium’s Synthetic Diamond Screener (SDS II) was awarded the coveted ASSURE Tested Certification Mark following thorough testing in the ASSURE program. The SDS II is the only ASSURE Diamond Verification Instrument that retails for less than US$1,000.